Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's Not Real Yet

I just finished reading this article.
I think this explains my feelings about adopting our little boy from Florida.
Nothing is certain until he's in our arms and papers are signed. ...and even then it's not for sure. Nowhere does it say that you are immune from tragedy just because you've experienced it once already.

I remember a few years ago when Zack and I decided to look into fertility treatments and I just dreading being pregnant again. I wanted our children so badly, but I was terrified that things would go wrong...again. I was worried that if I got pregnant I wouldn't really let myself get excited for that baby. I didn't want to be hurt again.

So here we are expecting another baby. And I'm excited...but it's not real until he's HOME.
We find out on Friday (hopefully) if and when we can bring him home. Until that happens, this doesn't feel real. Not yet.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't imagine going what you have and are going through. Best of luck!

Chrystal said...

Aren't we humans fragile? It is always touching, amazing, and even frustrating to me to realize how vulnerable we really are, but I guess that is when the prophets have rejoiced because they could see we are prepared to hear the word, to seek the Lord, to turn to Him and rely on Him in all things. I know it isn't real right now, but I know that HE is real, and we are safe in His arms. You're in our prayers.

Allison said...

I'm so hoping and praying that everything goes well and you get to bring this little guy home. I know it sounds sort of cliche, but if, for some reason, this door does get closed, then I hope a window somewhere else opens up quickly.

Mike said...

Every night when I kiss my kids before they go to sleep, it still isn't real to me. Every morning when we have breakfast together and talk about their dreams, it still isn't real. Every day at lunch when we talk about what adventures they had in the morning, it still isn't real. Every time I kiss Jodie, or look into her eyes, or just sit and talk, it still isn't real - but yet, it's all real. It's as real as it gets. Sometimes I wonder if I'm always going to feel as though my life is a dream. It's flying by too fast, so I'm left trying to get as much out of it as I can. The trick is to allow yourself to enjoy the highs and appreciate the lows for what they are. Heavenly Father gives us both for a reason.