We've had some questions lately about how this news will affect our plans to adopt from Ethiopia.
The short answer is, it won't.
The long answer is... (inhale)
...not only are we still going to adopt a baby boy from Ethiopia, but we are so excited about it! Caleb (oh yeah, we plan to name our Florida Boy Caleb, and we may call him Baloo...we'll see) was born August 16 and was a preemie. We definitely don't know for sure, but there is a chance that Noah (oh yeah, we plan to name our Ethiopia Boy Noah) will be born sometime between December and April. So Caleb and Noah will be very close in age, and could be in the same school year if it seemed like a good thing to do. We are ecstatic about that. They will obviously have their agency, but I can see them being great friends, being there for each other in many ways.
The logistics of picking up Noah will be more interesting, since we'll have Caleb, but we'll figure that out with the help of our awesome Family and Friends.
So yeah, we are still anxious to get our Ethiopia referral. We'll have to wait a few months between the referral and passing Court, and going to pick him up. So this 1.5 week wait to pass court for Caleb and the few day wait after that to go pick him up, and the 5 hour flight home, will just help prepare us for the next order of magnitude we'll see with Noah.
Thank you all for your excitement. It is so fun to see the comments (and even the blog stalkers) and know that we have such a great support behind us. We'll do our best to be even half as good of parents as we've tricked you all into thinking we'll be. :o)
It's been a LONG while
3 years ago
5 comments:
This is great. So many questions. I immediately thought you will need to double your boy clothes, but 4-6 months inbetween the clothes will be passed right down. Fascinating. Will you be using Dreft? What about Kirtland Dye Free? I think it's just as good.
Food? Your ward will be all over it right? But just incase your hands are feeling idle:
http://www.freezermealsrecipes.com/
http://www.southernliving.com/food/whats-for-supper/easy-freezer-meals-00400000009133/
I know you won't, but will you please pass along anything you need for the babies? Just whisper it to your mom so the nosey people can find out.
Carrie,
I hadn't checked your blog for a couple of weeks . . . things here have been kinda' exciting (We found out the company will be moving Dan to Utah for about 5 months, so we are starting to pack up to move in with Mom and Dad in Highland. AND, our own little man was born 2 weeks early!) I am soooooo excited for you! You are going to be AMAZING parents. Caleb (and future Noah) will be pretty lucky to make it to your home. Please let me know wha you need (I am planning on sending something, so it might as well be somethihg you want/need. :D) I'll try to call you in the next couple of days before you get too busy.
Congrats again!,
Kim Skousen
Wow, you will be busy! It'll be like having twins, won't it? Double the fun (and the poop!) I love the names, too! I'm so excited for you guys! I don't have any freezer recipes - I always wanted to do that but never bothered, but I do have the information that my mom is one of your blog stalkers. I told her to just leave a comment already, but clearly she hasn't yet. Maybe this will pull her out of the woodwork.
Yay for baby boys!!!
Wow, big changes in your family. Exciting and overwhelming. I am in awe of your enthusiam. Lucky boys! Lucky world for having people like you in it.
You might want to take Caleb with you to Ecuador and just stay there. I just read an article that calls Cuenca, Ecuador's third-largest city, one of the best places in the world to retire!
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/RetirementandWills/RetireInStyle/the-worlds-best-places-to-retire.aspx
Post a Comment