Thursday, October 1, 2009

AAI Blog and Holiday Project

I've added AAI's blog to the sidebar over to the left. If you'd like to check it out, it talks about what's going on at the orphanages, Layla and Wanna House. It's fun to read and keep up on what's happening where my baby will be/might currently be living. There are some really dedicated people over there doing a lot for these kids. I love it.

Right now they've started their annual Holiday Project. I don't know a lot about it, but I do know they ask for donations and then they use that money to buy gifts and other things like holiday parties for the orphans at all the orphanages they work with.
If you'd like to be a small part of that, you can donate here. The minimum donation is $30.

As Zack and I work to bring our little one home I know we are part of something great. We feel strongly that building our family this way is what we're supposed to do. We'll be providing a home and family for a child that otherwise wouldn't have one. (Though I can't help feeling like we're getting the better end of the deal.) The more I learn about it the more I want to bring all those children home. I know I can't and I can't help but feel bad for all those who are left behind. Donating to this Holiday Project is one way for me to give something to them. It sure feels like a drop in the bucket. But at least it's something.

*Update on our own humanitarian project: We got a list from Susan over at AAI of all the items they currently need at the orphanges. It's pretty big so we're going to chose just a few things we'd like to collect. Everything we collect will be delivered by us when we travel to Ethiopia next year, so we've got airline weight restrictions to keep in mind. We'll be posting more info soon.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Ethiopia came up in dinner conversation the other night (can't remember why, though), and I told the girls that you guys were hoping to adopt a baby from there. They think that's a fabulous idea. Just thought you'd like to know :)

And I check out the AAI blog and am so impressed with everything I saw. Happy kids! Yay!

Allison said...

Checked out I checked out the blog. Duh.

Allison said...

And then I forgot a period. Sheees...I think I'll just stop now and go back to bed.