Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's a Boy!

In the midst of all the craziness that is our lives right now I just realized we haven't taken the time to include all of you in our good news! We were going to be clever and hint around about it by posting maybe pictures of baby stuff and a map of Florida...but my mind can't do creative right now. It's too full!

We found out yesterday that we were chosen by a birthmom in Florida!
Here are the facts about our boy:
He was born on August 16th. (His due date was September 27th, so he's a preemie.)
His birthmom is African-American. His birthdad is half Caucasian, half Hispanic. This would make him 100% aDORable. (I've used that phrase a few times and I'm sorry, but it's not getting old.)

As soon as things get passed in the courts and whatnot (please don't ask, because I don't know), we'll fly to Florida to pick him up.
It generally takes about 10 days for the Interstate Compact to go through and as soon as it does we can fly home! (Yes, this means we will be spending a couple weeks in Florida. It's a shame there's nothing to DO there....)

Yea yea yea yea yea! Celebrate with us! Go take yourselves out to dinner or something!

14 comments:

Jodilyn said...

I'm so excited for you guys, I think I'm going to cry!!! Congratulations doesn't even begin to describe how happy I am for you both. I can't wait to meet the new little guy!

Mike said...

Is there a comment that does this post justice? All I can say is that he's one lucky boy. After all, with an uncle like me, who wouldn't be considered lucky?! I mean, really? I'm just sayin'

Davis'...things that make us smile said...

Yipee Hooray Hooray! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see this little new addition. Please let us know if you need anything!

Shannon Smith said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so happy for you guys. After yesterday's blog post, I was a little worried about you. Now I see the emotion was the very best kind. Cannot wait to meet this aDORable little guy! Have you seen pictures of him yet?

Kristen said...

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I am so thrilled, and cant think of anyone more deserving. That is wonderful.

Julia Callahan said...

I think I have a lump in my throat for you. Cut it out! When you hold that baby in your arms,.....

Traci P said...

Nothing like a giant miracle coming in such a little package! No one deserves this more than the two of you!

Delia D'Nell said...

I am so happy for you both! No baby could ask for more loving parents!

Jodi said...

I am SOOOOOOO excited for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS X 1 Million.
Hope everything goes well new mommy and daddy :).

Rebecca said...

Best. news. ever!!! So, so happy for you guys!

Allison said...

Yay yay yay yay!!! I'm so happy for you! I was worried about you guys after the last post, so I'm so happy to see this! What a lucky little boy! I can't wait to meet him! (this news only solidifies my desire to have a good old fashioned Youngberg Christmas Party!)

Brett - Rachel B said...

So fantastic! When he comes home try and remember to post pictures!
Congratulations- we are so happy for you !

jkhuber said...

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Heidi said...

Woooohoooo!!!!!!I am doing a little dance for you in my seat!!! You better post pics asap. Try to relax because life will be turned upside-down (in a good way) before you know it. Also get as much sleep as possible NOW before you get him. :-)