We're already dreaming about how this new little person will fit into our family. Our family is unique in that we've never been able to have a real family picture of sorts. So we settled for something else. We have a picture of a flower to represent each family member. I'm a red rose, as per Zack's request. Zack's a sunflower because, well, do you KNOW Zack? And Joshua is a white daisy. We're not sure why, but we both thought he was a daisy independent of each other.
Our family portrait currently looks like this.
We've had these pictures up for almost 5 years now, but the lettering was a recent addition this past winter. Just for fun, here's a picture of Zack adding the lettering.

Don't worry. I was ready to call 911 if he fell down the stairs.
Every new addition to the family gets their own picture on the wall and, if possible, their flower planted in the yard somewhere. (Which reminds me we still don't have sunflowers out there. This needs to be remedied.)
For our newest addition, we've chosen this flower:

If you're still unsure as to which country we've chosen, tune in tomorrow when I'll probably add another hint.
4 comments:
I know! I know! At least, if you give a hint like THAT and then NOT follow through I'll be crushed and confused (just like I am everyday, come to think of it). I'd say my guess is split 90/10 - because there's another place that it Couuuld be, but I'd put my non-money bet on the first.
And Zack, I must say - those are some mad skills goin on. I'd try that at my house, but I'm chicken and I'm pretty sure my neck muscles would give out. We'll have to come down and see the handiwork in person.
I love your choice of flower. The Calla Lily is gorgeous.
Mike, you've identified the flower, so I'm pretty sure you've identified the country. You win!
Woo Hoo! Um, does it come with dinner? How bout you come up and have a celebratory BBQ.
Post a Comment