Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hope Redefined

"Adoption is about love", they say.
I'm confident that's true.
E'en Jesus was adopted by
that upright loving Jew.

It's love that drives the process.
It's love that fills a home.
It's love that helps us open up.
It's love that makes us one.

But what about the love it takes
to place your baby dear,
into another mother's arms
then humbly disappear?

I long to be a Dad, and yet
I ache for that dear mother.
Is praying for our monkey
wishing pain upon another?

God makes lemonade of lemons;
No questioning that fact
He brings joy to the barren,
and soothes the soul that's wracked.

So I'll not pray for one to fall
to quell my yearning heart.
Instead I'll say, "Thy will be done"
and strive to do my part.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Thank you for sharing, that was beautiful!