Being pre-qualified makes me feel like we are supposed to encourage irresponsible spending by filling out another credit card application.
Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update. Our caseworker presented our application to the Board on Wednesday and they decided that we are worth the time to determine if we can be adoptive parents. That means that we now have our username and password to start entering info online. We've ordered birth and marriage certificates, we've filled out our profiles, our parent profiles, and most of our sibling profiles (Thanks guys!), as well as financial and health insurance forms. Our background and abuse checks are in the works, and we have physicals scheduled for this week. The only things left before we can have the Home Study performed by our caseworker are the reference letters (which haven't been sent to our references yet for some reason), and a 45 essay questionnaire each for Carrie and I to fill out. The questionnaires cover topics ranging from Family Origin to Parenting Methods to the kind of neighborhood we live in. We should be able to crank it out in a hurry. I'm so good at being succinct (as you can tell from this "quick update").
As some of you know, the classes scheduled for this weekend were cancelled, so we have to wait until 'hopefully' early January. "We're sorry, but you won't be able to get all of the steps done to be eligible for adoption, because we don't have lots of other couples starting the process". I'm sure it will all work out okay...but keep us in your prayers, just in case ;o)
It's been a LONG while
3 years ago
5 comments:
We will! Jan will come quicker than you think!
and by "Jan" I mean January... not some lady named Jan.
Wow, can you imagine what the world would be like of couple had go through the process you just outlined in order to conceive children on their own? Kudos to you's guys for wanting this so much as to endure the regiment and the scrutiny. UR Aweseome :-)
How beautiful! I'm definitely keeping you in my prayers - I have ever since I heard about your brother passing away (I lost my own brother as you know) and after reading some of your other blog's posts that indicated your other loss (which is still fuzzy to me but not necessary to know - I still feel sympathy for the struggle) So - I guess all I'm trying to say, is how grateful I am that you have found peace in this exciting pursuit after the detours and trials thus far. The Lord will bless you!! I can't wait to watch it all unfold. Mmmwwwaaaahhh!
I agree with Mr. Jeepcruzer. It's crazy! Oh well... We'll be sure not to remove you from our "Things to pray for" list!
Post a Comment