This is a pretty hectic week for us (it isn't really hectic, more like full), so last night we decided we'd go on a date for family night. On our way in to SLC Carrie read through the "Adoptive Applicant Application Checklist". I have a new respect for those who adopt. In case you were wondering why it takes 4-6 months just to be put on the adoption list, here's what we'll be doing:
Submitted Application
Intake Interview
Criminal Background Check
Child Abuse Registry Check
Questionnaires
Financial Statement
Medical Reports
Family Background
Certified Copies of Birth, Marriage, and Sealing Certificates
Individual Interviews
Home Visit and Interview
7 Week Adoption Education Classes
Matching Sheet
Preference Checklist
Family Portrait
Picture Collage
Birth Parent Letter
Newborn Infant Care Classes
Website Page Created
And Breathe.
So we've completed step one. The next thing on the checklist requires waiting for our assigned caseworker to contact us. Despite all of the lessons we've learned about patience, we aren't very good at waiting once we've made up our minds to do something.
So we've decided to be anxiously engaged while we wait. It will help things move along more smoothly and encourage sanity. Win Win! So if you see us looking through a bunch of pictures, or figuring out how to get a certified copy of our marriage certificate, or if we come up and ask you for some information, we're just actively waiting :o)
It's been a LONG while
4 years ago
6 comments:
Wow thats alot of stuff! You guys are awesome!
It's pretty impressive, the amount of stuff you have to go through prior to adoption. I have no idea. And I concur, you guys are awesome!
I meant I HAD no idea. I do actually have ideas on occasion.
Wow! Court and I considered adoption when it looked like Hunter was going to be our only one. (We were prompted to wait). I may have taken one look at that list and passed out! I have a totally new-found respect for adoptive parents.
Keri....
It is Kim Mcleod!!!! I am so happy to have found you through Cristy's blog. I have read through some of your blog and my heart hurts for what you and your family have been through. Your brother was an amazing person and I was so sad to hear of his cancer. I am also sad to hear of your child situation. My mom had mentioned somthing about it years ago but I can not remember quite what happened. I can not imagine your lose. I just wanted to say hi and let you know you are in my prayers. My husband and I have two adopted children, Cade and Jacob. Our adoption blog is jonandkimsadoptionblog.blogspot.com I would love to send you an invite to view my family blog so send me your email @ kim.jon@hotmail.com.
I also started another blog called infertilesisters.blogspot.com after our recent IVF did not work. It has been amazing and I would love for you to join and be an auther.
Really I am so glad to have found you. It was fun to see the pics of Dnel too. Hope to talk to you soon. Good luck with everything!!! The Lord will bless you and your husband with a sweet little child.
What an exciting jump to be making! Good Luck with everything to come
Post a Comment