Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Updates on Yema

Wherever we go people are asking us when Yema is coming home.  If people we see all the time are asking, I can't even imagine how all you internets people feel!  Ha ha.

Yema's paperwork was submitted to the US Embassy at the end of April.  Since then we've received two emails from the embassy requesting more information.  Once for a phone number of a policeman involved in Yema's case and another time for a request for interview of someone else involved in her case.  Currently that interview is supposed to take place on Tuesday, May 29th.  We're hoping and praying that that interview will be all that the embassy needs to clear Yema's case.  So, if all goes well, we could hear something positive tlhe first week of June.

In the meantime we are just waiting and waiting for our little girl to come home.  Recently a family traveled to Ethiopia for their son's court date.  He was at the same orphanage as Yema is so they were able to get some pictures of her.  They described her as very sweet and very content.  Also she is really good at getting toys from the other kids and kind of feisty.  Heh heh...  :)

Here is the latest picture of our little girl.  The crappy looking white in the background is me editing out the pictures of two other children.  You know, cuz I can't post pictures of other kids at the orphanage.
Isn't she a doll?

3 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

What a sweetheart. You get those toys Yema! I bought her shoes that squeak, but now I am wondering if they will even fit by the time she gets back. How many months is she?

Allison said...

The first thing I thought when I looked at that picture was, "Wow, she looks just like Carrie & Zack!" Then I realized that maybe what I really meant to think was that she looks like she belongs in your family. Either way, I'm so excited for you to have your little girl! I hope everything goes through okay and you get to bring her home soon! Just tell the courts that your cousin will be in Utah at the end of June/beginning of July, because I'm sure they'll understand that I need to meet her and that will help speed things up ;)

Carrie said...

Rachel- Shoes that squeak? That's awesome! I have no idea how big her feet all. When we saw her in February they were pretty petite. But who knows? She's about 13 months right now...but probably looks more like 9 months.

Allie- I sure hope she's here so you guys can see her! We're really hoping she gets here the first half of June. And we agree that she totally fits in our family. :)