Ah, the flight home. What a joy. Like I said in my last post, we left Addis around midnightish. They served us dinner. Weird. We flew to Rome. "Yay, Rome!" you might say. But no. No Yay Rome. We stopped there to refuel. That is all. We were there for an hour or so. I think this is when they decided to serve breakfast. Then we flew to Washington D.C. Dulles airport. I think they served us breakfast again..or dinner. I don't remember. When you're on a flight that serves three meals, you know it's a long flight.
We landed at 8:00 AM Eastern time. We had about 4 hours to kill before we got our next flight so we freshened up the best we could and then had a nice, normal American breakfast. I could still taste the eggs and onions I'd had three days ago in Addis. I was very much looking forward to french toast and juice and regular milk. We killed time until our flight to Detroit.
We then flew to Detroit. Can I just say that I'm not a fan of the place? I just so very much wanted to go home. The best thing there was the fountain:
And the Chili's where we split a nice big salad. We finally got on the plane for our last flight to Salt Lake. We were on a little hopper plane and all I can say is that I'm glad it was only a few hours. I was so done with planes and my stomach was feeling the effects of the tiny plane. I think Zack felt the same way.
We landed around 7:00 PM and were met by my Dad. He helped us get our bags and then took us home where we got to see our boys! They were happy to see us, but Noah cried when Grandma and Grandpa left for the night. It appears they did fine without us. :)
We were so glad to be home and see these crazy little boys!
How can you not miss these faces?
The next morning we put on some Ethiopian music for the boys. Caleb is a fan.
1 comment:
When do you get to take home your sweet little girl?
Post a Comment