Wednesday night Zack and I decided to indulge ourselves and paid to see "Toy Story 3" on our hotel TV. It took us probably 4 hours to watch it because Noah kept waking up crying. (We discovered later that Noah and his infant formula did not agree with each other.) We probably didn't get more than 3 hours of sleep that night.
We woke up Thursday morning to rain. Despite the rain we decided to go into Philadelphia and do some sight-seeing. We were only planning on seeing a few things anyway. We drove into the city and decided to splurge on the underground parking attached to the visitor's center. I think it cost us $10, but it was worth not having to walk through the rain with our boys.
We enjoyed all that the visitor's center had to offer, namely, gift shops (we are now the proud owners of a Philly Umbrella) and snacks.
Enjoying a snack.

After we purchased our grossly overpriced umbrella we headed across the street to see the Liberty Bell.
Here it is in all it's glory.

This was totally worth the trip.

Then we walked down the street to Independence Hall only to discover that we needed a ticket to get in. The tickets were free, but you had to get them at the visitor's center. Bleh. We decided to bag it. We ran through the rain and ducked into a mall of sorts where we got some Philly memorabilia.
We called it a day and headed back to our hotel. We spent the rest of the evening packing for our flight the next morning.
The next morning, while we were waiting for the airport shuttle, a nice lady in the hotel lobby took our picture for us. I think she said she was with the government or military security preparing for the President's visit to Philadelphia later that day. We missed the President by just a few hours!

Our flight was as uneventful as we had hoped for. Aside from Caleb's usual flirting with the flight attendants and all of the fawning over Such A Tiny Baby!, we were pleased that nothing much happened.
We were met at the airport by our parents. Much love to Noah and Caleb was had by all.

Caleb, showing off his "touchdown!"




When we pulled up to the house we were greeted by these awesome signs that our family had made. (I'm positive that's my mom's handiwork on the garage door.)



The inside was decorated, too! We have such an awesome family. And I haven't even mentioned the fact that they had dinner ready for us that evening, too. They thought of everything. I mentioned the awesomeness, right?


Welcome home, baby Noah. We are so so so happy you are here!

1 comment:
I love seeing these pictures! What a great family! I also love that you look exactly like your mom. I always knew that, but just seeing these pics...it's uncanny!
Post a Comment