Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Quick, Public Thank-you to My Wonderful Wife

You've spent virtually the entire month of June getting paperwork together, interfacing with our newest adoption agency, organizing everything for our international home study, and everything else to make sure the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. But even more importantly to me, you've been getting and reading books about Ethiopia's history, about the situation of the children there, and even getting children's books for our future little one. You've thought of how to decorate the nursery, how to help the baby feel comfortable in a new place with new people, and how to embrace Ethiopian culture as part of our family. You've searched for local groups that we and our child can be a part of to learn and grow, and you're excited to go to an Ethiopian restaurant next week to try the food. Your excitement for, and dedication to, international adoption mean so much to me :o)

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I need to start waking up earlier to check on what you're doing at 5:30 AM.

Thanks, Sweetheart. :)

Kellie said...

We're so excited for you guys!! We can't wait to meet your little one :) We love reading your updates!

Nathan said...

Cool, it looks like I've already commented. I guess I'll do it again. Good luck with everything!

Allison said...

Carrie is awesome, isn't she?

I'm excited to be able to watch this process unfold. Good luck in everything! (and I think maybe, if the Ethiopian restaurant is good, we should try that the next time we get together. Just because)

Kristi said...

So, we've been on vacation and I haven't read for a long time. BUT I wanted to let you know how excited I am that my potential niece or nephew may be from Ethiopia. I told Alex when we got engaged that if we adopted it would have to be a black baby, because they are so much cuter than white babies. That probably makes me racist in some way but it's true, they are cuter. Anyway my long rambling point is, I think Ethiopia is a great choice!

Chrystal said...

Awesome - so you've decided on Ethiopia! How wonderful and exciting. You continue to be in our prayers.