Thursday, April 23, 2009

The NEW New Perspective

Did we call it a burden? Wait a minute here…

I know that there are so many blessings from having kids. Learning and growth and joys that can’t be had any other way, but, as I heard someone say recently, being a parent is a huge sacrifice as well. So explain to me again why NOT being able to sacrifice is such a trial. Hmmm?

I understand that we are probably going through some previously documented series of emotions, notwithstanding, I currently feel happy to just be with Carrie. We’ve had a really enjoyable week together, starting with Carrie’s birthday. I’ve been going in to work really early, so we’ve been able to have our evenings together all week, and we’ve had a blast. Last night we even spent an hour at the grocery store. It was terribly inefficient shopping, but we were both in good moods and we were just talking the whole time and enjoying the time we have together. No kids to keep track of, no babysitters to pay, just the two of us.

Kids will come at some point, and I’m sure we’ll go through another round of “Why does it have to be so hard”, but until then (and even after), I’m just going to be grateful that I married my best friend, and that after over 6.5 years of being married and 8.5 years of being together, I still can’t get enough of my sweetheart.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Inefficent grocery shopping, working in the yard late at night, and staying out as late as we want without worrying about a sitter. A terrible burden indeed. ;)

Chrystal said...

I love counting blessings, don't you? You both are wonderful!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Stop being so adorable.

Also Happy Late Birthday!

Allison said...

I don't really have anything to add (except that you guys really are just so dang cute), but I'm afraid to not leave a comment, since you know I was here. Stalking the stalkers, indeed. Hmph.

Kim said...

Yes, you have a stalker in Northern California! I meant to send you a rubber chicken for your birthday . . . just pretend it's there in your mailbox! Happy late birthday, Carrie.