For at least five years I've been thinking about what kind of "rocking chair" I'd want for rocking my babies to sleep. I'm a fan of comfort and a traditional rocking chair just never appealed to me. I'm also a fan of tucking my legs up under me when I sit down. For a while I pretty much assumed that we'd be getting some sort of recliner. I hadn't seen anything out there was as comfy as I wanted. But we hadn't really looked at anything seriously until just a few weeks ago when we were approved and officially waiting for baby.
That was when my mom gave us the most appropriate card with a picture of a baby on the front and lots of little baby items surrounding it and a caption that read "What time is it?" Inside she wrote "It's time to get that rocking chair..." I'll admit I let a few tears come out on reading it. Was it really time for me to get my rocking chair? Really? I'm so used to things not turning out how I'd hoped and for waiting longer than I'd ever thought possible. Somehow my mom knew the perfect time to help me stay excited and feel like things were going to be real with this baby thing.
When her first grandchild came along Mom started a tradition where she helps buy the rocking chair for the mommy-to-be. I'm glad to say that I'm no exception.
Zack and I went shopping a few days later, walked into the store and literally walked straight to the perfect rocker. It's roomy enough to tuck my feet under myself, it reclines, it's cushy and comfy and it's ridiculous how well it matches the crib and furniture we picked out 5 years ago. We might have walked away with a rocker that night except for the fact that they had none in-stock. So we waited until there was a sale and then we ordered it.
Our rocker and ottoman came last night and we set it up in the baby's room. As I sat down and was enjoying it's heavenly comfy-ness, Zack said "This is probably the most important piece of furniture we'll ever own."
I don't know if it will be the most important piece of furniture that we'll ever own, but I love knowing it was given to us by one of the most important people in my life. Thanks, Mom!
6 comments:
Looks more like "Zack Heaven", methinks :)
Sometimes I still wish I had a rocker to cuddle my babies. I hope you get to enjoy that really, really soon!
Yes, Zack Heaven indeed :o)
We tested the chair again last night and in case anyone was worried, it was still comfortable! Comfortable enough that by the time we have a baby I think the chair will be well broken in :o)
I must say, I can't help, but feel jealous. The right rocking chair can be SO stinking comfortable.
Mmmmmm....very comfy! It is so exciting to know it will be well-used with another lil body on your lap, hopefully sooner than later!
I picture myself waking Zack up with a nice, big, Pooncha! Whaaaaaa!!!! Suckahh!!!
Oh ya.
I'm pretty positive that is the same rocking chair that Alex and I wanted too. We totally feel in love with it. BUT it was out of stock and a year ago there was some new laws about shipping from china because of lead. Anyway long story short, we waited until Hailey was 4 months and then were told it would at least four more. Therefore: No rocking chair. :( But we do have a nice video camera instead.
Post a Comment