Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it True?!?!?

It's True!
That's right, we are signed up and RSVP'd for our adoption classes! They are just a week away! Woohoo!
I never thought I'd be so excited for 20 hours of class in a two day period. 9-9 on Friday and 9-5 on Saturday. There will be caseworkers and birthparents and all sorts of people there ready to help us be the best adoptive parents we can be. I'm most excited to hear birthparents tell their stories and talk about how they feel. I've read a couple of birthmother blogs and I always come away from them thinking about something I'd never considered before. I want to better understand the emotions and feelings of a birthparent so that I can be appropriately empathetic rather than ignorantly offensive.
Next Wednesday we have another visit with our caseworker as well. We'll be going over our final documentation and making sure everything is in order to go online as soon as we finish the class. Again I say, Woohoo!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Woohoo indeed!

Chrystal said...

I can't wait to hear about your experiences in the classes! You are so conscientious I doubt you could ever be ignorantly offensive - but I admire your concern and preparation! You're amazing Carrie & Zack!