We were not really surprised by the turn of events. Things hadn't felt right for quite some time and we knew something was up. To be truly honest, even at the beginning, even when we agreed to adopt her, even after we signed papers and all that jazz, even then we had a gut feeling that this just might not work out. But we both felt that we were supposed to go through it anyway.
We're not sure why.
Maybe something will happen in the future with this little girl. Maybe this was something Caleb needed us to do. Maybe we had to learn a few lessons that wouldn't have come any other way. And maybe this just puts us in the right time-frame to adopt our next child.
Who knows?
All we do know is that we were supposed to go through this. We're sad we don't have this little girl as we know that she is not going to be raised in the best environment, but we trust that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and this little girl and maybe it's just not the same plan.
4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear this news. As I've watched your journey since you began adopting, I've always been very impressed and touched by the amount of faith you've exhibited.
I agree with Shannon. You two amaze me. You are very wise, and I appreciate your examples. {hugs}
Wise and good-hearted. Caleb and Noah are so lucky.
I agree with everything said above. Caleb and Noah are lucky to have you two, and I hope and pray that things will work out for this baby girl. Heavenly Father really does have a plan, but it would be nice if He filled us in a little more sometimes, huh? ;) You guys are amazing for your unwavering ability to trust in Him.
Post a Comment