Tuesday was our last day in Chester County as we were leaving the next day for a hotel closer to the airport. We decided to visit Hershey. Our days in the hotel were pretty much the same by this time: Sleep until 9:00
ish, eat breakfast and such. Caleb goes down for a nap a few hours later, we get ready for the day, all the while feeding and taking care of Noah. By the time we are up and dressed and ready to go anywhere it is about 1:00 in the afternoon. The drive to Hershey is about an hour and a half. We drove through Amish country to get there. For those of you who are wondering, Amish country does have a McDonald's so we were able to get our daily fruit smoothies.
When we got to Hershey it was about 4:00 and everything closes at 5:00. That's been the norm for every place we've visited in PA, so we were expecting it. We weren't really there to sight see everything we could. We were just wasting time until we could go home. Plus, with two little kids, you can only last one hour anyway.
After feeding Noah and changing diapers (it really makes it easy to change a baby's diaper in your lap when they are only 19 inches long, btw) we were ready to take the tour of the "chocolate factory"! Why the quotes? Because it was not a factory. It was just a ride depicting a factory.
Behold! Pictures!
Chocolate World! Where you can buy the same chocolate you get in stores for double the price!
I am excited to see the cow behinds. Truly I am!
It looks as though Zack has on his cynical face, even though he wasn't the cynical one. I was the one asking throughout the "tour", "Where is the part where they add the wax? I don't see the part where they add the wax." Caleb just looks like we are about to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Do you feel his pain? Mike? Danny? 
Maybe he was just concerned because we were about to go past the singing cows. Is it just me or do they look like inmates?
After exploring the grossly overpriced candy in the gift shop we drove home amidst the constant moaning of our 1 year old (he wasn't in pain or anything, it's just a thing he does when he's tired) and the crying/screaming of our newborn. Even the peace of Amish country couldn't soothe them. When we pulled up to the hotel I believe my words were, "You get the boy, I'll get the baby...see you on the other side." On the other side I think we had dinner at some point and then put the kids to bed. Can we go home yet?
2 comments:
Woah, I didn't realize you were still there. Hopefully you can come home soon.
I can see how that could have been confusing. That was the Tuesday/Wednesday continuation of the previous posts. Meaning that we got home three weeks ago. This post is for Tuesday Oct 12th.
I also feel like I should add that by the end of the ride at Chocolate world Caleb was in heaven. He was having a ball.
Thanks for recording all of this Carrie!
Post a Comment